How can I permanently delete my WhatsApp chat backup?

How do I permanently delete WhatsApp messages

Relatively easily actually, I once deleted a message and then tried everything including recovering from backups to try and recover it  impossible


  1.  Swipe to the left (or potentially right on android)
  2.  Click more, then click “delete chat” (if you click archive see below in brackets)
  3.  If you clicked archive, scroll to the top, the very top - you may have to do an additional action. Then click to view archived chats
  4.  Swipe again on the chat you want to delete, click more and select “Delete Chat”


Note - If you delete a chat, it stays in your back up until WhatsApp next automatically backs up your chat history, at which point it is gone forever.

Double Note - It will remain on other people’s phone, they are in control of their own messages

How do I permanently delete WhatsApp messages



Learn More



Post a Comment

0 Comments